With more than a decade of experience, Jen has advised Fortune 100 companies, large educational institutions and an array of entities on best practices in food allergy management. This work includes:
- Providing guidance to consumer packaged goods manufacturers on allergen labeling
- Creating guidelines for large employers offering multisite employee dining
- Consulting to medical centers to expand their public education and advocacy programs
- Educating pharmaceutical and food companies about the food allergy patient experience
- Developing learning opportunities for professional associations in the food industry that wish to provide guidance to their members
- Advising numerous school districts, childcare programs, camps and entities serving the public on how to provide a safe environment for students with food allergies
Jen is the only food allergy representative to serve as a voting member of the Conference for Food Protection, the interdisciplinary body that guides the FDA on the Food Code. She has been recognized as an Allergy Advocate by Allergic Living and one of “100 Women in Food Allergy” by spokin.com. Jen is a noted public speaker and media source on food allergy issues and has been interviewed by the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Allergic Living, CBS, ABC, WGN, the Huffington Post and others. She has spoken at national and regional conferences for the National PTA, Feeding America, National Restaurant Association, American Spice Trade Association, American Camp Association, the Forum on Education Abroad, Northwestern University, the University of Michigan, and many others.
Prior to joining FARE in 2010, Jen spent nearly two decades as a senior leader at multiple foundations and served on multiple national boards. Previously she developed policy initiatives for the Illinois Attorney General. Jen received her Master’s Degree from The University of Chicago and her Bachelor’s Degree from Bryn Mawr College. Jen is the mother of two sons, the elder of whom was diagnosed with food allergies at the age of 14 months. Jen has studied and worked in France, Scotland and Israel.